Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Roughed in

The house is really starting to come together. We got the plumbing and HVAC roughed in and inspected. There were a few hiccups along the way. Working with a HVAC guy doing this on the side saved us a bunch of money, but we still paid for it. He didn’t start on time. When he did we had to cut some of the brand new plumbing out. He pissed off the neighbors by working too late at night. When he finally did finish some of the work didn’t pass inspection. I guess you get what you paid for.

On the plus side we got the few items we decided we needed to move in: heat, sink and toilet. There are no walls, so there is no privacy, but we can move in. It works out well because our land lady really wants us out.

I’m personally getting to the point where I don’t feel the fire under me quit as bad. I want to work, but I really have to concentrate on doing well in school so the house is not as urgent as it once was. I may reconsider when I start trying to live without a stove or a shower.

No comments: