It is really getting stressful to try to get the house ready for the contractors. We are trying to get all the little things in place and in order. Of course there are some issues that are holding up the entire project. We are still trying to sort out the back door. That has really become our nemesis. We must get an electrician in to work on that before any other work can go forward. Of course that has to be the one contractor we have not settled on. Hopefully this week will see all of that settled.
We did not do any major work this week. We spent a bit of time framing and replacing joists. We ordered our cabinets from IKIA. We will not need them for a while, but it is nice to get that out of the way. We will just put them in storage. It was good to get it done, that way our kitchen layout is set.
Yesterday we rented a power washer and washed down the bricks. It was amazing, the house looks so much better. It is the first surface that looks good. It was fairly easy, but very messy. Before starting I covered everything in the house in plastic, tools, lumbar, everything. Our next door neighbor David has noticed a smell on his side of the wall. I can imagine that some water went through the wall. I hope that it is not much and goes away soon. There was no water damage so I think it should be ok. The other problem is the furnace gave out. I don’t know if we will get it working again. We are heating the house and drying it out with an electric heater. Hopefully with a little time the furnace will decide to start again.