Thursday, January 27, 2005

Emerald the Work Cat

I tried to bring Emerald with me to the work house yesterday. It did not go to well. It started fine. I loaded my car full with a bunch of trash. I grabbed Emerald and drove to the dump. She was a little spooked by the dump but did ok.

When I went back to the house I closed both doors and let her free in the house. I started doing some demolition work. She really did not like this. I opened a window to get fresh air into the house. I also open the way to the basement. Emerald cried for a while, then disappeared. I worked for a while not thinking about it. After about an hour of not seeing her I got worried. I returned home to get tuna for her. I put some tuna inside and out. I had to run some errands, so we did not see her again until around 4. She simply showed up like it was no big deal. She must have jumped out of second story window. When we continued to work, she disappeared again. She did not show up again until 6:30. In the 5 minute ride back to our other house she shat in my car.

Emerald has made it pretty clear that she does not like the new house. I wonder how long it will take her to come around to this place.

As far as the construction is concerned, we are still finishing the demolition. We are trying to decide how to remove an old chimeny that is no longer used.

No comments: